Wednesday 17 September 2014

Floor pans... It's a start!

So, I have made some floor pans using my beading tool. This was quite difficult as you have guide the sheet metal through athe the same time turning the handle... Some of the grooves are a little wonky, but not too bad.

Tuesday 17 June 2014

It's rollin... just

Three days on car. It does help when you can string a few days together. Cut template for floors, fitted rear suspension and put some wheels on. Then, I finally was able to drop body on, just to look at how it sits on chassis. Here are some pics.

Also cut rear extensions off, much neater and has no affect on chassis.

Monday 28 April 2014

Getting closer, maybe some wheels next...

Diff nearly in, just the front bushes to put on which i forgot to bring down to the garage. I have ordered some shims for the Rotoflex suspension, which i will fit this weekend.  Looking for local steel stockist to buy 2mm mild steel sheet to make the floorpans and front bulkhead.

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Rolling chassis within the month!

Hopefully... the diff has had new bearings etc... the leaf spring has been stripped, painted and rebuilt with new bushes and thrust buttons between the leaves.

I have ordered spacers and shims for the Rotoflex suspension. It will be great to start thinking about building the frame that supports the bodywork, also lowered floorpans/bulkhead.

Monday 14 April 2014

I know its been a long time...

I havn't given up... i now have spare time and a regular budget for car, as long as i keep painting at home! I have cleaned up some more pieces and ordered the bearings, nuts and bolts to put diff back together. 

Also found on ebay some nice period extras.

Vintage Marchal 630 Model Fog Lamp "virages et brouillard"

 Classic cable pull (possibly Jowett)

I hope to update more regularly, now that the good weather has turned up...

Thursday 14 November 2013

After 2 years, I have finally started to bolt bits back on...

Finally starting to clear parts form one garage to another. Must learn how to take gearbox apart and get some brake fluid to re build calipers. I should concentrate on one item at a time, but can't stop myself using the new parts that i have had for so long. Anyway here are some pics of my progress.

Someone is lending me an impact screwdriver to take drum off of hub, hoping this may help with taking old bearings off.

Monday 21 October 2013

Crap weather, but still able to paint.

I had some more parts shotblast, much cheaper than last time... don't know why. now I can rebuild brake calipers, fuel tank, gearbox and diff. Finally able to work Sundays on car, Should start to see some progress.